After being vacated by the Town of Brookhaven in 2003 – as the new Town Hall was being established at its current Farmingville site – the ownership of the former Town Hall building transferred to the Village of Patchogue, and the plans began to materialize for the re-development of the vacated facility. After several iterations to the proposed site function, BBS completed the planning and design process to adaptively reuse the building as a modern healthcare provider/tenant medical center in 2016.
In July 2017, the completely renovated and expanded 14,000-square-foot building, located on South Ocean Avenue in Patchogue, opened as a comprehensive primary specialty care center with state-of-the-art medical suites and physician offices, exam rooms, laboratories, and specialty rooms dedicated to cardiology, gastroenterology, pulmonary, nephrology, rheumatology and ophthalmology. Renovations included a new secondary entry and elevator building addition and a new staircase to connect all three levels of the facility and provide for ADA accessibility.
After the Town/Village plans for creating a senior wellness center here fell through, the former Brookhaven Town Hall was sold to a private developer and underwent a major $4.7 million, multi-year reconstruction. BBS worked with the current owner, the Town of Brookhaven, and the Village of Patchogue to preserve the historical value of the building, which was constructed in 1926. Several additions to the original building were completed as part of a Works Progress Administration (WPA) project in 1939. Among the historic features that were meticulously preserved, for example, was a marble, spiral staircase dominating the main lobby area, or an original telephone booth – along with the majestic character of the building itself.