Lindenhurst, NY – On July 7, 2021, we were excited to participate in a groundbreaking ceremony for the new Lindenhurst Memorial Library project, approved by the local residents in 2019.
Some of the new features for the $9.4 million project include:
- Solar roof panels,
- A 525 SF quiet study room on the main floor,
- Reconfigured parking lot with additional spots created and a safer entrance and exit pattern,
- A new 1,700 SF multi-use space on the main floor for adult program use during the morning hours and a switch in the afternoon to accommodate our teen population,
- Three new community meeting rooms, including a technology learning lab,
- Sustainable building elements such as smart lighting systems, energy star rated equipment, energy efficient new windows in the lower courtyard area, and other sustainable design features,
- New solar lights in the “green” parking lot and electric vehicle charging stations in the main lot,
- Office space for library administration in the main building,
- Fully renovated interior spaces that will offer additional comfortable seating arrangements, a new public computer area, and a better work flow to the existing space,
- ADA accessible bathrooms on the main and lower levels, including an ADA bathroom in the new multi-use space,
- ADA elevator to replace the 51 year old original, non ADA compliant elevator.