Joseph A. Abruzzo
Assoc. AIA, Sr. Construction Administrator
Bringing well over three decades of experience in various disciplines of the design and construction industry, Joe has established himself as a thorough Construction Administrator and effective field manager. In addition, he has been a design architect, a design department manager, a controlled/special inspector, and now brings all to bear as BBS’s lead Construction Administrator. Being familiar with the design portion of each project, Joe’s leadership has been crucial in driving successful completion of complex construction assignments, rigorously defending specified designs, controlling costs, and implementing approved schedules to ensure that construction milestones are met.
Joe thrives on managing diverse, multi-discipline AEC teams, liaising with contractors, tradesmen, and external agencies, while ensuring that our projects are completed “on-time” and “in-budget” under any challenging conditions. A testament to his proactive nature, attention to detail, and professional attitude when handling jobsite situations, some of our clients regularly request Joe’s assignment to their construction projects. Some clients even ask for his extended Construction Administration involvement in lieu of services of a Construction Manager.
- Bachelor of Architecture, New York Institute of Technology
- American Concrete Institute - Laboratory Testing Technician, Grade 1
- American Concrete Institute - Concrete Strength Testing Technician
- American Concrete Institute - Aggregate Testing Technician, Level II
- American Concrete Institute - Field Testing Technician, Grade I
- American Concrete Institute - CRSI Adhesive Anchor Installer
- New York State / ICC - Supplemental Inspector Wall Panels, Curtain Walls & Veneers
- New York State / ICC - Supplemental Inspector Chimneys
- New York State / ICC - Supplemental Inspector Sprayed Fire-Resistant Materials
- New York State / ICC - Supplemental Inspector Structural Cold Form Steel
- New York State / ICC - Supplemental Inspector Masonry
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) – 10 hour Completed Course
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Progress Update: Oyster Bay High School
- Oyster Bay High School Unveils New Turf Field
- BBS Engineers: Boiler Projects
- Progress Update: Lindenhurst Memorial Library
- Lindenhurst Memorial Library opens its doors
- Progress Update: Construction has begun!
- Progress Update: Construction Continues at the New Rhodes School