Joseph B. Rettig
AIA, LEED AP, Partner
Upon his joining BBS in 1996, Joe’s abilities and attributes rapidly earned him assignments of evermore complex and nuanced projects. His ability to manage large, multi-phase projects with critical construction and operational requirements became crucial to many of the firm’s educational, institutional, and private undertakings. Joe’s early experience laboring in various construction trades combined with his professional expertise manifested in his exceptional competence in negotiating issues with contractors.
Demonstrating consistent success in leading multi-disciplinary teams and providing complete services from preliminary planning through construction close-out, Joe was later promoted to Director of Architecture, which oversees the firm’s entire architectural division. He coordinates his division with engineering management to generate and maintain the firm’s overall production schedules, goals and staffing assignments so that each project is paired with the appropriate specialized professionals to achieve optimal results.
Joe’s particular ability to survey building conditions and accurately assess problems is attributed to the synergy of his hands-on construction and professional experience. His apt and concise observations and assessments of buildings and facilities have led to many successful reconstruction programs.
Over 20 years of loyalty, dedication and exceptional management and problem-solving abilities earned Joe a partnership position in the firm in 2018. Today, he continues to oversee the firm’s architectural division, coordinating the Patchogue and Albany offices while developing business opportunities both within its current regional marketplace and beyond. As part of this business development, Joe oversees the firm’s fee proposal process by selecting and targeting opportunities, developing appropriate staff and consulting teams, and creating approaches for pursuing projects.
- Bachelor of Architecture (Cum Laude), New York Institute of Technology, New York
- Presidential Honor Roll for Academic Excellence
- Architecture - New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania
- Certified, National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
- Certified NYSDOL Asbestos Project Designer
- Certified, United States Green Building Council (USGBC) - LEED Accredited Professional
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- AIA NYS Emerging Professionals Committee
- Synthetic Turf Council (STC)
- Long Island Association (LIA)
- Social Distancing Planning & Consulting Services
- Progress Update: Bay Shore Armory Conversion
- To Our Valued Clients: School Projects & Summer Construction
- Energy Performance Contract (EPC) Services
- New Athletic Field and Running Track at Valley Stream JHS
- BBS appoints first new partners in 30 years
- Congratulations to Our New Partners
- Clients expect special expertise from architects, engineers and builders